Monday, February 28, 2011

So my theory on stuffed mushrooms is that no matter what way you look at them, they always look ugly. That my friends is why I picked this blurry picture of them. They look a little better out of focus, at least I think so. Anyways, the reason I have made stuffed mushrooms is because one day I looked into the fridge and saw a whole bunch of mushrooms. Now I'd never had stuffed mushrooms before, but when I saw them sitting there I knew I needed to stuff them. So, I googled stuffed mushroom recipes, and I tried one. Well, they tasted disgusting. My older brother however liked them, so one week when mushrooms went on sale he bought a whole bunch. And I mean cartons and cartons of them. When I asked why he got so many he replied that he wanted me to make him some stuffed mushrooms, thus beginning my search for an edible recipe. This my friends is the one I found I liked  after trying many many recipes. Now my friends, making stuffed mushrooms for a sibling can be a very rewarding job. Not only will they love them, but you will too!

Best Ever Stuffed Mushrooms

8-10 Mushrroms
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Onion
1/4 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 Tbs Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop stems and onion. Saute in butter and Worcestershire sauce. Add bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stuff the mushrooms, and place them in a shallow baking dish with water in the bottom. Bake.

Now this recipe didn't have a cooking temperature or time. Other recipes say anywhere from 350 degrees to 400 degrees. Hopefully that helps you. Just make sure they are well done basically. Well, I wish you all the best now that you know the secret to making your brothers happy. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment