Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cupcakes

     I know it's been a while, but.... I get tired of saying that, and I'm sure you get tired of reading it too! So never mind that, I'm posting right now and that's all that really matters. So lately I've been busy sewing. I don't really have any finished projects to put up here since the dress I just made looks like a maternity dress, and it's just way to embarrassing to show you. But along with my sewing kick, I have been getting sewing books from the library, one of which is called "Bend the Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol. The name itself describes the way I sew! Here is a little quote from the book that I very much enjoyed, "When you do make a mistake, try to laugh about it, cut yourself some slack, and eat a cupcake." I'm telling you, this book is perfect for me! So, after reading that I just had to make some cupcakes (since I can't seem to sew without making mistakes!)


Here are the cupcakes I made, the recipe is for a cake, but it worked great for making cupcakes.

Sour Milk Chocolate Cake
I know, the name doesn't sound to appealing, but i didn't choose it!

1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Hot Water
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Milk
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Flour

Add hot water to cocoa and cool. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk, soda, vanilla, cocoa mixture and lastly flour. Bake at 350 degrees. For a cake bake in a 8x12" pan for 35-40 minutes. For cupcakes bake bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.


Here are a few pictures of the my cupcake making just for fun :)

 Batter in the pans.
 Baked!
 Cooling.
Decorated! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment